Our second program of levels is Stroke Development. These levels begin to focus on proper head and body position with a strong, consistent kick, and eventually a focus on freestyle and backstroke technique. The final level in the Stroke Development program will introduce breaststroke and butterfly.
- For 1st grade and above.
- Learn basic front stroke with simultaneous arm and leg movement while maintaining proper body position in the water.
- Children are taught to begin to move independently on their back while maintaining proper body position in the water.
- Basic water safety and breath control skills are taught.
- A maximum of 4 children will be in the water under the direction of a trained teacher.
- Front float with single board – proper body position
- Front glide
- Back float with noodle – proper body position
- Full submersion
- Ability to function in a class setting