As the coronavirus (COVID-19) begins to have an increased impact in our community, TDSS wants to share our current daily cleaning protocols and steps we take to keep our families and employees safe and healthy.
- TDSS facilities are professionally cleaned and sanitized daily (year-round) as part of our normal course of business. All surfaces in the building including tables, countertops, door handles, floors, and all bathrooms are wiped down and then sprayed with disinfectant;
- TDSS has the same virus and bacteria-killing UV lights as NASA, which are located in our bathroom and changing room area. Here is the website link for more information on this amazing product. https://healthelighting.com/pages/cleanse;
- The chlorine in the pool kills germs – at TDSS, the chlorine is controlled by a computer system that monitors and maintains the chlorine levels 24/7, and in accordance with the state of Virginia’s Health Code;
- Should we keep swimming? The CDC https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/php/water.html has provided the following information about COVID-19 and swimming pools. Per the CDC website – “Can the COVID-19 virus spread through pools and hot tubs? There is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools and hot tubs. Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (e.g., with chlorine and bromine) of pools and hot tubs should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19.”
- TDSS vacuums and scrubs the pool and surrounding area multiple times per week;
- TDSS cleans toys on a daily basis with disinfectant wipes and spray. We have temporarily put the loose toys away for the safety and cleanliness of our families;
- TDSS cleans pool toys on a daily basis with chlorinated water;
- TDSS has hand sanitizer at the front desk. As has been reported, hand sanitizer is in great demand and supplies are limited, but we will continue to replenish our supplies as it becomes available;
- TDSS has soap next to all sinks and showers. Please use the soap to wash your hands as often as possible. This is the best defense for all of us!
*We are temporarily removing the one make-up lesson per month allowance for active customers. Customers may use make-ups for all lesson/lessons missed due to the coronavirus, until further notice.
The health and safety of our families have always been and continues to be our top priority. We take pride in the cleanliness of our school and will continue to work to ensure all best practices are followed for the wellness and safety of our families. We will remain open for business and will continue to monitor the situation and adhere to the guidance we receive from the various government health agencies. We will continue to provide our employees with updated information that they need to stay healthy and are encouraging them to stay home if they are not feeling well. Similarly, we encourage all of our TDSS families to stay home when you are sick and wash your hands with soap and water often. Let’s all try to stay healthy together!
On a personal note, Tom is the father of four young children and is tracking this situation closely to ensure that families are safe, and that a clean and healthy activity is still made available for everyone.
Tom Dolan and the TDSS Falls Church Team