Dear TDSS Families,
After much research, analysis, and conversation about the coronavirus with trusted doctors and community organizations, we have decided to close TDSS Dulles and Falls Church. The schools will be closed tomorrow, March 15 through Saturday, March 28, and will reopen on Sunday, March 29. All missed classes will be provided make-ups on your family account.
We heard from many of you over the last week about how much you loved still having the option to take your kids to swim lessons, especially after schools started closing and staying active became a challenge. However, we take our role as a leader in the community very seriously. As a provider of a life-saving skill and with an owner that grew up here and lives here with his wife and four kids, we are at the forefront of promoting safety daily. Specifically, for today’s purposes that safety focus means following the guidance of the CDC https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html, WHO https://www.who.int/, and all health experts by working to “bend the curve” of this virus’s growth and practice social distancing.
We will continue to stay vigilant and informed as a business while we practice social distancing and we implore all of you to do the same.
Below are two articles that help explain the usefulness of social distancing and the importance of bending or flattening the curve of virus growth.
Please join us in working on bending the curve by doing the following:
- Keep social grouping to a maximum of 15 people, but it is preferred to stay just within your household family
- Wash your hands – a lot
- Keep hands away from your face
- Make sure you and your children are getting enough sleep
- Cover your mouth when sneezing and throw the tissue away immediately
- Clean and disinfect surfaces in your house daily
- Stay active with your kids – play outside with them and keep them engaged physically and mentally
- To this end, we will be sending out over the next two weeks, some fun activity tips on swimming technique and games you can play with your kids. Be on the lookout for tips from Tom and all of our team!
This is an uncertain time for us all, but together we can be smart, overcome fear, and take steps to make our neighborhood, region, and the world a healthier place.
We want to thank you for supporting us through this difficult time. As a locally-based small business, we are not able to make it through these unfortunate circumstances without the loyalty of our customers. We do not take this for granted, and we look forward to welcoming you back to our pools.
Our thoughts and well wishes are with you, and we can’t wait to see you back on the pool deck!
Tom and the TDSS team