Tom Dolan Swim School is made up of a fantastic team of people – and we’re not afraid to brag about them. We employ dynamic, passionate and fun-loving folks who truly enjoy working with children. And we are looking for new swim instructors to join our staff! Are you the perfect fit for this position?
What We’re Looking For
We’re hiring part-time swim instructors for our school in the Dulles 28 Shopping Center and upcoming school in Falls Church, Va. We need energetic and professional people who are excited to help guide students of all ages through the life-changing, life-saving skill of learning how to swim.
No prior experience as a swim instructor is required. If you’re hired as an instructor, you’ll go through a comprehensive training program. There you’ll learn everything about our teaching philosophy and systemized learn-to-swim curriculum, developed by our school’s founder, Olympic Gold Medalist Tom Dolan. Once you complete training, you can expect to be the best-trained swim school employee around. All that is left is for you to infuse your personality into your lessons.
You’re a great candidate if you:
- Have these qualities (and more)
- Love working with children (it’s a plus if you have previous teaching experience)
- Are 18 years or older and can pass a background check
- Have Lifeguard, CPR and First Aid certifications
- (Bonus) Are available evenings and weekends
What We Offer
Tom Dolan Swim School offers a fun and supportive work environment. We want our employees to be excited to come to work every day. You can’t beat the instant gratification you get from seeing smiling students learning how to swim.
- Paid training
- $15/hour on weekdays
- $17/hour on weekends
- Monthly and quarterly bonus awards are available
- A flexible schedule: we’ll help adjust your hours as needed so you can enjoy both your job and your personal life
- A fun business culture with planned staff activities
- Leadership luncheons led by Tom Dolan
- Future references/referrals
- Job and career advancement opportunities
- 401k available for qualified employees
- Health insurance available for qualified employees
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you! Submit an employment application online, or stop by and fill one out in person.